Finance & Management
The staff of the Treasurer’s office performs a variety of tasks and provides resources to the clergy and churches of the Diocese, including oversight of the collection, disbursement and management of the funds of the Diocese and several related organizations.
- Best Practices Seminar Presentation, with links, from Day 1 of 229th Annual Convention.
- The Cost-of-Living Adjustment recommendation for 2024 is 3.67%. See COLA history here.
- Annual Enrollment is October 25-November 15. THE DENTAL INFORMATION IN THESE DOCUMENTS DOES NOT APPLY TO ACTIVE PARTICIPANTS. THE DIOCESE OF VIRGINIA HAS A SEPARATE DENTAL PROGRAM WITH ANTHEM.
- 2024 Medical and Dental Plans and Rates
- Manual of Business Methods in Church Affairs (2023 revision) | Manual de Métodos Administrativos (2019)
- Powerpoint from August 14, 2023 Treasurers & Wardens Call
- Fresh Start Presentation from May 1
- 2022 Parochial Report Workbook and Instructions
- Treasurer's Presentation - 228th Annual Convention
- NEW: IRS adjusts mileage reimbursement rate for 2023
- Forms (en Español) and Instructions (en Español) for the 2021 Parochial Report
- Clergy Tax Preparation Guide (2021 Return Year)
- 2022 Federal Reporting Requirements for Episcopal Churches
- List of External Audit Firms
- Canonical Permission for Parish Debt Calculator
- July 20, 2020 Onboarding Presentation
- Updated Stock Gift Instructions
- Updated Audit Forms
- The current IRS Business Mileage reimbursement rate is $0.655 per mile, as of January 1, 2023. IRS adjusts mileage reimbursement rate for 2023. View the IRS page with mileage rate history.
Edward A. (Ted) Smith, IV, email@example.com, Treasurer, 800-DIOCESE x1046
Stas Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, Financial Administrator, 800-DIOCESE x1022