Continuing Education and Formation for Clergy
- Monthly Clergy Call the Second Tuesday of the Month at 4:00 p.m.
- Spring Clergy Conference (Save the date – April 29 through May 1, 2024)
- Thriving in Ministry: The Diocese of Virginia has become a partner with Thriving in Ministry as an option for Clergy Continuing Education. Thriving in Ministry is a unique program for continuing development for church leaders – one that moves you and other clergy through a process of committed, purposeful, focused growth in your ministry and leadership in a way that will change how you approach your ongoing learning and development. Housed in the array of Lifelong Learning initiatives at VTS. Thriving in Ministry is a form of continuing education that is truly continuing, and a form of leadership development that is truly focused on development. Invitation to apply will be sent to Clergy annually and for more information please contact Canon d’Rue Hazel at email@example.com.
- Colleague Groups: Colleague Group will be available beginning October 15 for any clergy person who wishes to take advantage. Former Fresh Start Facilitators will continue in this capacity. Whether you have served in the Church for two or more than twenty years, your participation will strengthen your ministry and serve as a model for others. Colleague Groups are an important aspect for any ministry. The Diocese will offer the opportunity to register by October 6, 2023 for Colleague Groups for the 2023-24. If you would like to register for the Colleague Group, please email Gloria Parham at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration details.
- Post MDiv Mentors assigned for newly ordained clergy (transitional deacons and priests): Please contact the Rev. Sarah Kye Price at email@example.com.
- Council of Deacons: Facilitated by Archdeacons – please contact the Ven. Holly Hanback at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ven. David Curtis at email@example.com.
- One-on-One Coaching offered by the Rev. Sarah Kye Price at firstname.lastname@example.org; the Rev. Shirley Smith-Graham at Ssmithgraham@thediocese.net; and Canon d’Rue Hazel at email@example.com.
- Safe Church Training: Please contact Gloria Parham at firstname.lastname@example.org.